Here are some of the abbreviated thoughts. You are more than welcome to post comments on your thoughts and they will be heard and considered. This project, after all, is the Global World History Project, not the John Glaser World History Project.
These are not in any particular order...
- Imperialism Unit - Imperialism affected many parts of the world, in many different ways. How did Imperialism affect your country or region and why? In your answer include the following.
- What was imperialism?
- What were some significant events of Imperialism?
- What are the positives/negatives of pursuing the principal of Imperialism for a country?
- Who does Imperialism benefit and why? Who does Imperialism NOT benefit and why?
- Revolutions - Revolutions are a major part of World History. How have revolutions changed the world? Pick two revolutions that happened in your country/region, and explain why there was a revolution and what happened. Also explain how it impacted your country or region and if there is an effect in your country or region today.
- Age of Exploration - What was the Age of Exploration and what factors lead to countries exploring the world? How did the Age of Exploration influence your region? If it did not affect your region, pick any area near you that it did affect and answer the question above.
- Economics - Pt. I - What is the preferred method of transportation for your country? If it is auto, give an average amount of money your family spends on fuel in a week. Convert this figure from your countries unit of measure to a partnering country's unit of measure that is not the same as yours. (For example, the US uses gallons, but in the European Union, they go by liters.) Also translate the cost of the gas from your currency to a currency of a partnering country. Part II - Most countries have a McDonald's located in them. What is a typical meal that one would get a McDonald's in your country? What did the meal cost in your local currency and what is the equivalent in the currency of partnering countries?
- Translation - Pick an important government documents from your country i.e. Constitution, Declaration, etc. Explain why that document is important to your country. Then translate the document into two different languages of partnering countries using google translator. Give your opinion to how google translator did in translating your document into another language.
- Government - Give a brief overview of your country's government. What kind of government does your country have? Give the positives and negatives of your country's government. How are your elected officials elected into office and how often are elections?
- What do you consider to be the 3 most important events in your countries history?
- Who - Was involved?
- What - Happened, what were the reasons behind the event?
- Where - Did it happen (were there other countries involved)?
- When - Did this event happen?
- How - Is this event celebrated or remembered now?
- What were 3 important events in history of your continent or region? Pick events from 3 different time periods (Answer the same questions from above)
- How did the two World Wars affect your country, continent, or region?
- Who was involved and why?
- How were they involved? Economic, troops, supplies, etc.
- What were the effects of these two wars in your country, continent, or region?
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.